This recipe is sure to help spice things up at the dinner table!?? Smoked Cheddar, Jalapeño & Cranberry dip to pair perfectly with your Classic Spice Pita Chips!
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
Cream cheese Mixture:
- 1 8-oz. package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided into half
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- Jalapeno (for garnish)
- Cedar Valley Selections Classic Spice pita chips (to serve)
- For the Cranberry sauce: In a saucepan, add all cranberry sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and allow cranberries to burst. Smash cranberries with a fork and heat until the sauce has thickened. Turn off the heat and set the sauce aside.
- For the Cream cheese mixture: Combine together cream cheese, ½ of the cheddar cheese, minced garlic and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of an oven-safe dish. Then pour over the cranberry sauce followed by the remaining half of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Garnish with sliced jalapeno.
- Serve with Cedar Valley Selections Classic Spice pita chips. Enjoy!