It’s National Pomegranate Month, and we’re in full-swing celebration mode! Pomegranates come from civilizations along the Mediterranean, where they reach peak ripeness during the month of November – hence national pomegranate month! And as a Lebanese family, we’re embracing all things pomegranate!
Like many other Middle Eastern families, our family in Lebanon makes homemade pomegranate molasses. We took inspiration from this to create the best pomegranate dressing that’s worthy of its own spotlight! Oh, and we also created this delicious salad to go with it.
This roasted root vegetable salad doubles down on pomegranate flavours, it’s bursting with fresh pomegranate seeds AND finished with our signature Pomegranate Dressing giving you the best of both worlds! With caramelized root vegetables, pecans and fresh apples, this salad is sure to satisfy all of your sweet cravings, while giving you allll the nutrients!
What you’ll need:
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, kale, or arugula
- 3 cups of diced root vegetables of your choice. We used carrots, parsnips, beets, and sweet potatoes.
- 1 cup thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup halved brussel sprouts
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pomegranate Dressing to your liking
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking oil, preferably olive oil.
- Toss root vegetables and brussel sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer among the two prepared baking sheets.
- Place both trays in the oven and roast until all vegetables fork tender and are brown in spots, approximately 35-30 minutes. Stir halfway through for even roasting. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine your choice of greens with roasted root vegetables, pomegranate seeds and pecans. Drizzle with our pomegranate dressing and toss to combine. Garnish plates with sliced apples and add salad. Serve with fresh ground pepper.
We hope you enjoy this pomtastic salad! Share with your friends and family and be sure to tag us on social media when you try it out. ❤️