- 4 Beets
- ¾ cup Yogurt
- 3 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Cedar Valley Selections Sea Salt & Pepper Pita Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare a sheet pan lined with a large piece of foil; large enough to fold over the beets.
- Drizzle Olive Oil, sprinkle some salt and rub it onto the beets. Seal the foil tightly and bake the beets for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the beets from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before opening the foil. When cool enough to handle, gently peel off the skin and discard. Allow the beets to cool for a couple of hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut the beets into bite sized pieces and add them to a blender. Add garlic and yogurt. Pulse until blended.
- Add Olive oil, salt, paprika and cumin powder. Blend until pureed.
- Scrape and transfer to a bowl. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley. Enjoy with Cedar Valley Selections Sea Salt & Pepper Pita Chips.