We’re freakin’ over these fritters! Super nutritious and delicious, perfect for a mid-day lunch.
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin-Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Salt + more to sweat the Zucchini
- 2 medium Zucchini
- ¼ cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- Avocado oil, to fry (or another of your preference)
- Cedar Valley Selections Fattoush dressing (for dipping)
- Thoroughly rinse the red lentils and then soak them for 1-2 hours (max 8 hours). Then drain and discard the water.
- Shred the zucchini and add salt. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Then squeeze the zucchini to remove the liquid as much as possible to avoid soggy fritters.
- In a food processor, grind together the red lentils and spices to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground lentils to a bowl. Add shredded zucchini and chopped parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a pan and form patties/ fritters with the lentil mixture.
- Fry the fritters on medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove on a paper towel.
- Serve on a chopped salad with a side of Cedar Valley Selections Fattoush dressing. Use the dressing for the salad as well as to dunk the fritters. Enjoy!