This sweet and easy recipe for a Grilled Eggplant Flatbread drizzled with Pomegranate dressing will have you drooling for more. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 Store-bought Flatbreads
- 1 Eggplant, cut into rounds
- 2.5 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Za’atar seasoning
- ¼ cup Italian cheese
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Cedar Valley Selections Pomegranate dressing
For the Tahini sauce:
- ½ cup Tahini
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 4 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 425F and grease a baking tray.
- Slice eggplant into rounds and arrange it on the greased baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake for 5-6 minutes and set aside.
- For the Tahini sauce – In a bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin powder and water. Whisk to combine.
- Place the flatbreads on a wire rack on top of a baking tray. For a crispier crust, place flatbreads directly on the oven rack. For a softer crust, place flatbreads on the baking tray without the wire rack.
- Apply the Tahini sauce, top with grilled eggplant, za’atar seasoning and Italian cheese.
- Bake in the 425F preheated oven for 6 mins, until the cheese melts and flatbreads are golden brown.
- Generously drizzle Cedar Valley Selections Pomegranate dressing on the flatbreads.
- Garnish with fresh mint and pomegranate seeds. Slice into pieces and enjoy!