- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2.5 cups (20 oz.) diced Tomatoes
- 2 lbs (about 8) Chicken thighs
- 1 ¾ cups (14 oz.) Black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped (reserve ¼ for garnish)
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups (32 oz.) Chicken broth
- 1 ¾ cups (14 oz.) Corn, drained and rinsed
- Cedar Valley Classic Spice Pita chips, crushed as topping
- Other Topping suggestions – Sour cream, Jalapeño slices, Cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat a pot with oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and sauté until they soften.
- Add whole chicken thighs, cumin powder, red chilli powder, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, salt and ¼ of the cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for at least 25 mins.
- Remove chicken from the pot and shred it using 2 forks. Add shredded chicken back and corn to the pot and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the stove and then add lime juice.
- Serve the soup with avocado, lime wedges, fresh cilantro and Cedar Valley Classic Spice Pita chips. Enjoy!