We love our chickpeas over here, but I mean, who doesn’t? They make such a great addition to so many dishes, since they’re full of protein and can add some extra texture. Even better: Roasted chickpeas! We tried tossing them in our Tahini Turmeric dressing before roasting in the oven and man-o-man, they turned out to be delicious. It also gave them a beautiful bright yellow colour on top of the nutty flavour from the tahini. These make a perfect healthy topper for lots of dishes and they’re irresistibly crunchy, too! You can try these roasted chickpeas on your salads, bowls, or by the handful. Read on for the quick and easy recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Cedar Valley Selections Tahini Turmeric Dressing & Marinade
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread your chickpeas onto a kitchen towel and pat them dry; remove any loose chickpea skins.
- Transfer dried chickpeas to a large mixing bowl and toss with Tahini Turmeric Dressing to coat evenly.
- Spread coated chickpeas onto the parchment-lined sheet and season with salt.
- Roast chickpeas for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Store roasted chickpeas in a loosely covered container at room temperature (putting them in the fridge would make them lose their lovely crispiness!). Use within 1-2 days.