This dish uses a simply prepared flank steak with a twist on traditional chimichurri using our Avocado Lime Dressing, creating the perfect accompaniment. The tangy zip of the Avocado Lime combines beautifully with the fresh chopped cilantro, oregano, and garlic. Add the creamy diced avocado and you’ve taken this chimichurri to the next level, and also included a heart-healthy monounsaturated fat with your meal. Read on to see how to make your family’s night!
Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado Lime Chimichurri
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
- 2 lb flank steak
- salt & pepper to season
Avocado Lime Chimichurri:
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup Cedar Valley Selections Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados, diced
- Remove flank steak from the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes ahead of time so meat reaches room temperature before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium high or 400 F
- Add cilantro, oregano, garlic, Avocado Lime Dressing, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Dice the avocados and lightly toss with the blended chimichurri sauce, careful not to mush the avocado pieces.
- Season the room temperature flank steak with salt and pepper (on both sides).
- Grill steak for 4-6 minutes per side, then remove from the grill to let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak in ½ to 1” strips and serve with Avocado Lime Chimichurri Sauce.