Spring is finally on its way!! This time of year calls for some fresh, colourful meals. Here's a quick and easy Buddha Bowl made with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and Fattoush dressing (Vegan, GF, DF)
- 1 19-oz. can Chickpeas
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked Brown rice
- ½ - 1 cup Mixed greens
- ¼ cup Cucumber
- ¼ cup Red bellpepper, diced
- ¼ cup Yellow bellpepper, diced
- ¼ cup Carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup Radish, sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves
- Cedar Valley Selections Fattoush dressing, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas, discarding the water. Using paper towels, thoroughly pat dry chickpeas to remove moisture. This is an essential step to ensure crispy chickpeas.
- Coat the chickpeas with spices - paprika, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and olive oil.
- Bake in the 425F preheated oven for 20-30 mins, until crispy.
- In a bowl, layer the brown rice followed by mixed greens, roasted chickpeas, cucumber, red bellpepper, yellow bellpepper, carrot, radish and mint leaves.
- Nestle a small bowl in between and pour Cedar Valley Selections Fattoush dressing.
- Serve the Buddha bowl. Before enjoying, pour over the Fattoush dressing and give it all a good toss.