Creamy dips like Baba Ganoush make everything better, wouldn't you agree? And with the ultimate chip, you need a dip that can handle it. This Baba Ganoush recipe is super simple and leaves you with a creamy, hearty snack/appetizer for you and your friends, if you’re open to sharing that is!
- 2 mini eggplants or 1 large eggplant
- 1.5 tbsp Tahini
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 small clove Garlic
- Dash of Paprika
- Olive Oil, to drizzle on top
- Paprika, Parsley and Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cedar Valley Selections Garlic & Herb Pita Chips, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Wash and dry the eggplants. Then using a fork, pierce the eggplants all around several times. This will allow the steam to escape when roasting.
- Place the eggplants on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skin and discard. Place the flesh in a sieve over a bowl to drain for a few minutes.
- In a clean bowl, add the drained eggplant flesh, tahini, salt, paprika, garlic and lemon juice. Mash together until a chunky consistency is obtained. If you prefer it smooth, pulse it in a food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some paprika and garnish with sesame seeds and parsley.
- Serve with Cedar Valley Selections Garlic & Herb Pita chips. Enjoy!